Monday 18 October 2010

My time at Chelsea & Westminster

Well my stay is over. I have been amazed by the excellence of the staff during my time.

From the first exploratory interview with the bariatric nurse, Nuella, to the bariatric nutritionist, Kelly, to the respiratory team, esp Dr Gary Davies, to the pre op assessment nurse (is he still playing Angry Birds on his iPhone?hehe), to the nursing staff, with special mention to Valerie and Maria... for whom nursing is so obviously a calling, and not merely a job.

And finally, a HUGE thanks to my surgeon, Mr Bonanomi. Professional, no nonsense, approachable. I see him on 3 November for a follow up appointment, and hope he is happy with the healing of my wounds and my weightloss and bloods.

People really shouldn't slate the NHS always... yes, they have their problems (I nearly reported my NHS dentist, and promptly went private), however, here is a classic case of how well it CAN and does work too. The care is second to none. I feel so blessed to have been a part of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment