Sunday 17 October 2010

Liquid food diet

Optifast shakes. I bought my supply from the hospital. They are not cheap! But are full of protein and the necessary vits and minerals I need at this stage. I also used them in my pre op stage, the only difference being I mixed them with 200ml water pre surgery, and now I mix them with 200mls skimmed milk, for the added protein and nutrients.


I am on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. Crucially |I need water, protein and vitamins at this stage. I am a great water drinker (hubby calls me a 'reservoir') so this won't ever be a problem. The vitamins are in one multivitamin tablet the hospital gave me.

Slimfast... hmmm. The nutritionist said it has too much sugar in it so not to have it much/at all. The Optifast shakes do not have a coffee flavour and I am not enjoying tea/coffee currently (even my rooibos tea in small doses is unpallatable), so I have one of these shakes throughout the day, every second day or so.

I starined Lance's delicious chicken soup and put it into an ice cube tray. I melt a block as and when I need to. Protein!

The fridge is full of jellies... low fat of course. Cranberry and raspberry are my favourites currently.

My Slim Fast supply.

Lance's yummy chicken soup. He gets to eat the bulk, me only the strained bit sadly... but it does taste good! I'll try and recall all he put into it... chicken, celery, pepper, salt, chicken stock cube, chickpeas, potato, carrot, onion, tomato... cannot think of what else he put in.


No comments:

Post a Comment