Wednesday 1 October 2008

EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)

The aim of the EYFS is to ensure there is a consistency in care and level of learning in a child's early years (0 to 5 years of age) throughout England, and this will be achieved by everyone implementing the Every Child Matters:Change for Children framework.

Every Child Matters has five outcomes:

  • To be healthy
  • Stay safe
  • Enjoy and achieve
  • Positive contribution
  • Organisation

I plan, observe and assess within the different areas stated above. I have annual, monthly, weekly and daily plans, which includes outings, activities, food etc. and how they will relate to Every Child Matters.

The EYFS is based on four themes:

  • A unique child
  • Positive relationships
  • Enabling environments
  • Learning and Development

I write observation reports (supported with photographs/child's artwork) on said activities and outings, aligning the observation with that particular area of development.

Through ongoing assessments of your child, I can determine what he/she is able to do at their level of development, and what steps to take next in the development of your child in that particular area. Being aware of what interests your child has, I am able to plan activities and outings accordingly, to best bring their potential to the fore.

As my minded children are currently all still young (0- 3 years old), I have more *fluid* themes, and this will become more structured when children start attending pre-school. I will then work together with the teacher to reinforce the learning they are doing at school.


Throughout this, I work in full partnership with mum and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment