Friday 8 May 2009

In a nutshell!

Here's my story:

I am one of four kids, born in Cape Town, South Africa, brought up by an incredible mum in Johannesburg... she is my rock. Dad was never there... We may not have had a physical daddy but we had a spiritual one.

Jesus!

Life wasn't easy, but wasn't unhappy, growing up, we went without loads materialistically, but spiritually and emotionally and mentally we were fed well... and that has shaped and moulded me into who I am today.

The Bible is actually really simple to understand, it takes so-called *wise* men (preachers/philosophers/theologians/kings & queens etc.) to complicate it, cause wars in the name of it etc.

Jesus' teachings are simple and valid for today.

My Christianity is not a religious one, or one that feels the need for bells and smells on a Sunday morning, it is a living breathing everyday thing for me. It's who I am 24/7, not a cap I wear on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment