Tuesday 30 December 2008

Tin, clay, porcelain, wood, glass, wire

My Christmas tree decorations!
They come in all shapes and sizes and colours, and hail from England and the United States. I have collected them on our travels, always looking for clever crafty ones, not kitsch or too garish. I never did this in South Africa, but will start doing so when I return.

Christmas tree decoration

Tin Santa present to me from my sister - not sure if she got this in the UK or SA... hmmm

Christmas tree decoration

Christmas tree decoration

Christmas tree decoration

Wooden star and clay Santa and Angel from The National Trust Shop (we are members of the National Trust) Painshill Park, London

Christmas tree decoration

Present to us from sis in law and brother in the States (NC), which their church gave out to their members on Christmas Day. A very special baubel!

Christmas tree decoration

Ice skates from the United States (NC)

Christmas tree decoration

Snowman from New York, The United States... a teeny tiny little Christmas shop on 7th Avenue, across the road from our hotel. What do they sell the rest of the year I wonder? Same things, for the tourists, as The Christmas Shop in Stratford-upon-Avon does?

Christmas tree decoration

Tin animals from The Pier, England. Sadly, it looks like this retail chain is going to be the latest in the retail collapses in the UK. How very sad... they have Morroccan and Middle Easter type ornaments, linen, glassware, candles etc. where we have bought many frames, our crockery etc.

Christmas tree decoration

Christmas tree decoration

Porcelain figurines from Stratford-upon-Avon, England. This Christmas Shop is literally across the pedestrian road from Shakespeare's birthplace. What a stunning shop - I could have bought so much more... but I restrained myself!!!

Christmas tree decoration

Star of the tree, from The Pier, England. Crafty and different = appeals to me!

Christmas tree decoration

Nativity from ebay UK, rustic and something different.

Christmas tree decoration

Variety... all from England - Painshill Park, The Pier shop

Christmas tree decoration

From the The Pier shop, England

Christmas tree decoration

Wooden reindeer from the United States (NC), the Cracker Barrel to be exact! We had breakfast thereafter! We enjoyed the breakfast, except for the grit, which I am given to understand is an American thing. Well, as the English can keep their brussel sprouts, so can the Americans keep their grit. hehe

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, unique and meaningful collection of ornaments you have! Each one with a story:-) I collect Santa and Snowman ornaments (among others) so I especially enjoy your Santa ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, thank you so much for your lovely comment!

    I have a family of snowmen that go under the tree, I will have to pop their picture on here too for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete