Friday 18 March 2011

Catch up post

I haven't been blogging much, just the odd pic, for a little while, so thought I'd do a catch up post.

I had a nasty head cold for about a week last week, sore throat, headache, runny nose etc. Felt ugh. Spent whole day at the second day of my Advanced Paediatric First Aid Course last Saturday with head pounding. Needed my bed but couldn't not go to course as my first aid certificate runs out at the end of the month, and without a current certificate, I cannot trade. I got 100% for my course thankfully. Where first aid is concerned one cannot mess about. 

You'll never guess who the tutor was too? A guy from Harare, Zim originally, he went to Bordeaux Primary and grew up in Randburg. Small world hey!? He is a paramedic who tutors for extra money, as he is an assistant pastor too! He and his wife live in Kent. They've also tried to adopt but told they couldn't because they are obese and them being Christian doesn't help either. Same old story :( 

The UK adoption policies are archaic and ridiculous.

That night Lance and I babysat Santa and Elfi (6 and 8 yrs old). We had a lovely time. Heated up some cottage pie, and did some wii dancing. The next morning though, I could hardly move my knee, I have only gone and pulled a muscle in my knee! Even now, 6 days later, I am limping a lot, it's so sore. 

Silly me hey?

Church pals of ours are having another baby, due in July. They'll then have 4 kids. They are currently applying with AIM to do mission work near Clarens in the Free State. Apparently AIM are very keen, and they are keen too, very keen. I hope they do go. They would leave before/same time as us I guess.

Looking forward to our visit to SA very much. Hoping to come back with a more finite plan of where we will live and what we will do business-wise. We get back to London on the morning of the Royal Wedding.

Tomorrow we are going into Central London to meet up with Christina, a pal from Israel. Down from Newcastle-upon-Tyne again. We will go to Trafalgar Square, National Art Gallery, National portrait Gallery etc. Will be great. Just hoping my knee will be okay to do it, will give it extra deep heat tonight, and take the crutch if need be. Lance isn't working tomorrow (yay!), so he'll be there to help if need be.

The earthquake in Christchurch and Japan have been terrible, haven't they :(  Such devastation! Families lost forever. Been thinking of them loads. And praying for them.

Let me know how're you;re doing fellow bloggers? :)

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment