Monday 13 June 2011

Terrible news

My cousin Robyn (23 years old) died on Saturday night, from an asthma attack. 

I am in tears.... cannot begin to describe the terror one feels when having a severe attack, and to know what this dear girl went through the last minutes of her life. We've been in more contact than usual this last year thankfully, as she was looking to become an actress, and was keen to visit London. Was so in love - had met her 'soul mate' too. 

Such a bright little star, snatched away so easily.

Asthma is not taken seriously enough by so many people. People do not realise how many people die from it. I wish I could just get on a plane right now to Joburg. Not sure how I'll get through this day. Too raw. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:04 am

    I am so sorry Jen that you have lost a loved one. So sad at such a young age. I do admit that I didn't know people still died from asthma.
    Love,
    Diane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Diane. Yes, asthma still takes lives. Mine was nearly taken in 2008. Had I not had my acute attack IN the doctor's rooms I hate to think what would have happened :(

    The funeral is Friday. My brother will go on behalf of us x

    ReplyDelete