Tuesday 7 September 2010

Surgery date!

Woohoo! I have been given a date for my surgery! 14 October.

Eeek!

So excited.. and so nervous.

I am in constant pain now, and winter approaches... a baaaaad time for my asthma and lungs. This surgery will frog leap me into a new chapter in my life. I so desire the health of my twenties.

I now start a liver cleansing diet... basically I say goodbye to solid food for quite some time.. and hello to milkshakes for the time being... until at least end November.. then onto soft foods and we go on from there.

Apparently I will be off red meat and bread (!!) for up to a year post surgery.. oh my!

But... in the grand scheme of things, this is a very small price to pay for the (now, much longer) future that awaits me.

With this surgery came a mini miracle too... there is a 6 MONTH waiting list once you've had your pre-op assessment, and my surgery has been scheduled 2 WEEKS after my pre op assessment!!!

Our prayers have been answered - that I'd be put to the top of the waiting list due to my lungs... and a bitter winter approaches and the risk factor for surgery is heightened considerably.. so this is a answer to PRAYER. Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment