Tuesday 5 February 2008

New York, what a juicy big apple!

New York is a city I have always wanted to visit.

Hubby and I went for a week in mid winter (Jan 2008), after having spent Christmas with family in Hickory, North Carolina.

To say that New York was a culture shock is an understatement! We arrived on New Year's Eve and it was madness... transport was down, there were millions of people and police around, and here were we, two South Africans with 2 huge red suitcases, trying to find our way through the throngs to our hotel, weary, hungry and cold.

This photo is an artistic moving shot my hubby took whilst we were on the open top bus at night, in the freezing cold.. we love this shot! Step inside my virtualtourist page and see what our week in new York meant to us! :)

New York City Travel Page

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, did you love new york? I live and work there, downtown. suzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did! It's so different to what we are used to... and arriving on New Year's Eve was pretty scary truth be told! haha

    If you look at my New York Travel page link it gives an account, with pics - of our time there.

    ReplyDelete