Monday 17 October 2011

Sickness alert!


A mindee has today been diagnosed with hand, foot and mouth disease, as well as chicken pox, double wammy poor kid. Chicken pox is doing the rounds here.



I am ever mindful that I have 3 pregnant mummies, and another 3 families with newborns/young babies. Plus my weakened immune system (and steroid use)... all vulnerable. Eek!

So I am spending tonight cleaning the toys (again! Did them on the weekend, playing it safe, even though she wasn't here today). Sterilising those that are favourites with the little mouths! Re-cleaning the kids cot linen too. The virus for hand, foot and mouth stays in the body fluids and faeces for 4 WEEKS after the child has recovered, good thing I am OCD with hand washing, especially after nappies! 

Can't get sick for holiday next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment